DNA is the building block of all life.
Your body is made up of billions and billions of cells and DNA is found inside every single living cell in your body.
DNA in turn is made up of Nucleotides. A Nucleotide is thus the basic building block of your DNA.
The genetic code (genes) and fingerprint for every cell is stored in the form of DNA.
Your chromosomes are in fact made up of DNA.
RNA (Ribonucleic acid) is a single-strand (unlike the DNA double helix). Both DNA and RNA are essential for all known forms of life.
A Nucleotide is thus part of the genetic information in each cell.
There are 5 different types of Nucleotides used by the body in the production of DNA and RNA:
- 2 Types of Purines; called Adenosine and Guanosine
- And 3 types of Pyrimidines; called Cytidine, Thymidine and Uridine
In order for your body to function optimally, you need all 5 Nucleotides, and they must be available in the correct form and ratio required by your body. A deficiency in one Nucleotide cannot be made up by an excess in another Nucleotide.
As we explained earlier,
- Nucleotides are the basic building blocks of your DNA;
- They also play important roles in many other activities within your body such as:
- Gut Health
- Stress reduction
- Muscle Recovery, which we will cover separately further into the video series.
In short, Nucleotides are hugely important to your body overall.
The following YouTube link also gives you some additional background information
Provide your body with the necessary building blocks today!
Brought to you by: NucleoCell Nutrition – Nutrition for your DNA